• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tired and short of breath during physical activity

hydrocodonePKC

Bluelighter
I notice that ever since about a year ago every time i do hard physical activity such as sprinting or running for long periods of time, I become so out of breath that i can no longer continue running at all. Then, i keep breathing hard for a really really long time after i am done running, and i get sore very very easily and stay sore for a really long time. What can cause this?

physical inactivity? its either that or you're dying of lung cancer.

It would be wise to work your way up from an acceptable level. Over-exerting yourself without a proper diet and program can lead to (aside from physical strain) free radical production and lowered metabolism.

Instead of exerting yourself much irregularly, try to do less strenuous exercise on a daily basis and increase at a level you are comfortable with. This may mean going from walking to brisk walking to light jog to running, gradually. Or it may mean doing what is a fraction of your capacity in terms of time, then working your way up.

My own experiences in overexertion usually come from guilt about not exercising, and over-estimating my capacity to levels of when I am less sedentary. Take it easy, and be happy doing something-- try to use your breathing as an indication-- if you can still breathe through your nose, you are fine.

i have about 2 weeks to try and get back up to where i used to be in terms of being able to excercise alot because i am going to try to wrestle again. The conditioning is very very hard and i just need to be able to get through that.

If you smoke, stop smoking. Also you probably have to recondition your cardiovascular system, this will take time.